Thursday, May 1, 2008

IEP

We had Rylie's IEP meeting yesterday. The best part about it was I was able to sit in a room and talk to adults with no children around for two hours! LOL! I'm kidding. The meeting went well. Rylie will be going to our home school next year. She will be in a regular kindergarten class intergrated with special ed kindergarten. They have a really good inclusion program at the school. We were satisfied with all of the goals listed. She will be receiving an hour of ST, OT and PT each week. I haven't officially signed anything yet and I STILL have thoughts running through my head, but I really can't get too worked up about kindergarten anymore. Rylie has a lot of school years ahead of her and I'm sure there will be some battles in the future. But right now I am happy that she will be going to school with her sister, and she will have a good amount of inclusion.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Yayyy - so glad you had such a great IEP!!! I can only hope mine will go as smoothly - somehow I doubt it :)

Michelle said...

I'm so glad the IEP went so well for you guys!

I thought I was pretty sure about sending Kayla to K, but we had registration yesterday and there was a packet they gave all parents, it was a 60-66 month developmental survey thing. You were supposed to ask your kid certain things and see how they responded or if they could do the different tasks etc. oh my! That really opened my eyes, I didn't realize all the things Kayla wasn't, or couldn't, do. Now I'm wondering if I should still send her to K, but Joe thinks it'll still be good for her. I'm worried she'll be so far behind! I just wish there was an easy answer...it'll be nice to go on this journey together though!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!