Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year.................................


I hope...

For the past ten years I have made the same resolution...to stop worrying and start trusting God more. I've come to realize this is not a resolution that can be solved in one, two or ten years. I think over the past ten years I have improved. I would not have improved if God hadn't give me so much practice. He has given me many opportunities to "Be anxious for nothing" and "Lean not on my own understanding".So I don't worry as much as I did 10 years ago. I have seen God's hand in my life so many times. I have seen his provision time and time again. How could I still be worrying ?

This week I will be going to Rylie's first transition meeting(Pre school to Kindergarten). I think this whole kindergarten thing is going to cause me to worry. I have dreaded this time ever since she was born.It's hard for me to say that this year I'm going to stop worrying, because I already know this will be a challenging year. I have been reaching out to other parents and learning of their successes and trials with their school age (Ds) children. I have been encourage. This is one of the many ways God has provided for me.

I hope this year will bring good health and good days to all. HAPPY 2008!

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Good luck with the meeting! I'm actually excited for Kennedy to start Kindergarten (in 2 years). Really I just can't wait for her to be able to finally go to preschool! Just waiting for flu season to pass...

RK said...

I've got years left to think about this, but I already wonder how it is going to go sometimes. I'm sure Rylie will be super!

I understand the resolution and how it's a long time coming to fruition. I've learned alot about trust, but it's come with a high price. For me it's kind of been like asking for patience...it's learned by trial and testing. I've spent plenty of time wondering why I asked for it! I hope you have a great 08 and you are showered with blessings.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!