Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rylie's Classroom.

Today I had a meeting at Rylie's school to add ESY services to her IEP. It basically means she will be getting extended services during the summer. After the meeting, I went up to her classroom. They were in the middle of snack time. She spotted me right away and ran up to me!"MOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!! She was so excited to walk me around her classroom and introduce me to all of her friends. She told me each kids name! Next the teacher started a lesson in their workbooks , so I sat down to observe. The teacher asked, What sound does the letter D make?" Rylie raised her hand and answered" Deh, deh, deh!" She's awesome. I was so proud. Her being in the regular classroom was the best decision we ever made. She is doing so good. She even has her very first class birthday party this weekend. I can't wait to go and watch her interact with all her classmates.

3 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

I love hearing a good inculsion story thanks for shareubg

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

What impresses me most about this story is that she took her around the room and knew all her classmates friends! That is so wonderful. It will help her so much in school to be so social. Of course, her participation is awesome also!

Melanie said...

That is my dream for Logan. How awesome that she does so well with the typical kids! That is where she belongs! And so exciting to be going to her first classroom birthday party!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!