Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rylie's Birth Story


I thought I would kick off 31 for 21 by reposting Rylie's birth story. If you have time to read through all seven parts you will see that I was beyond shocked and filled with grief during the early days of Rylie's life. I knew absolutely nothing about Down syndrome and I had never met anyone with Ds or even anyone who had a family member with Ds. I wasn't provided any good information from doctors, and at that time there weren't any blogs about Ds. I think reading the stories of REAL families living with Ds is a great way to get real and true information. I think the biggest mistake I made after receiving Rylie's diagnosis was not getting support. I should have hooked up with other parents instead of trying to do it alone. I hope my blog will always help bring awareness to Down syndrome and hopefully encourage and help new and expectant parents.

Click below to read all about Rylie's birth story, parts 1 through 7.
Birth story part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't think I've read Rylie's birth story before, so when I get some time this evening I'm going to look through your links. Thanks for sharing!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!