Sunday, March 9, 2008
RK has started asking some random questions over at her blog. We can either answer her questions by leaving a comment on her blog or posting them on our own blog. I've been answering them by leaving a comment on her blog, but since I seem to be having bloggers block today, I think I'll make my own post. So here are the latest questions she has for us......
1.How many TVs are in your home? All hooked up to cable/dish/etc? Have you gone HD?
2. Do you have any VCRs in your house still or are you full DVD?
3. How many computers are in your house? All hooked up to the internet? How many video game systems (i.e. XBOX, Wii, etc.)?
4. What age is ok to have a TV/computer/game system in the child's bedroom?
5. Do you have DVD players in the car?
6. The big one.... Would you be able to take a media/technology break, like a day without? How long could you do it?
1. We have 4 TVs. We have one in the living room, Our bedroom, Karlie's bedroom and one in Rylie/Cesalies bedroom. We have cable on all 4 TVS (basic). We get almost every channel except movie channels, which is fine with me because I never have time to sit down and watch a movie anyway. Sometimes we will rent a movie on Saturday nights. All of our local channels are in HD. It's pretty cool!
2. We had one VCR left in our house, but Little Miss Rylie jammed something in it and broke it. Can't remember what she tried to shove in there , but it wasn't a VCR tape. I would like to go out and get another VCR, because we have so many tapes on VHS cassette that we aren't able to watch, like our Wedding video, and tapes of when Karlie was a baby. Also a lot of kids movies.
3. We have one lap top computer. That's enough for us. Every so often we fight over it, but I win, so it's all good. I have no interest in video games, but Vince and Karlie enjoy them. Karlie has a GameBoy and a Nintendo DS and Vince has an XBOX and a GameCube.
4. Well let's see... Ceaslie has a TV in her room, so I guess 8 months old is OK, lol! I'm kidding, she shares a room with Rylie. Rylie has had a TV in her room for a few years and honestly, sometimes Rylie watching TV is the only break I get. So, I have no problem with TVs in kids rooms, as long as the TV watching is done in moderation. Sometimes we let Karlie take the lap top into her room, but we monitor every single site she goes onto. She is not allowed to receive Email or go onto any new site without our permission. I will keep it this way until she is grown up and moved out of the house.
5. No, we don't have a DVD player in the car, but we do have a portable one that we could hook up if we were to take a long road trip somewhere. We don't usually travel far, so it's really not necessary.
6. I wouldn't have a problem with taking a media/technology break for a few days. I could do without a TV more then a computer. I know when we go on vacation, I don't use a computer or a phone and I never have a problem with it.