Sunday, March 16, 2008

Grandpop Victor





My wonderful grand pop went to be with the Lord this past Thursday. Our family will miss him so much. The past year he had been sick. My grand mom Mary was 100% devoted to him. She spent every single day by his side at the nursing home and hospital. We always told her that maybe she should take a break~ she wouldn't have it and she will tell you that she doesn't regret one minute. They were a beautiful couple married for 65 years. And all married couples should strive to have the wonderful marraige that they had. My grandfather was a christian and loved the Lord. He was faithful to always be in church. In getting ready for his funeral service the Pastor asked everyone to come up with just one word to describe my grandfather. Nobody could pick just one word. Here are just a few that everyone came up with...Faithful, Precious, Humble, Inquisitive, Loyal, Devoted, Patriotic, Wonderful and Dedicated.

Grand pop - You will never be forgotten and will always be in our hearts. Thank you for being a wonderful example of what a husband, father, grandfather, and friend should be.

4 comments:

The Mom said...

What a wonderful man, I'm so sorry for his loss. What an inspiration your grand mom and him are - I hope my marriage lasts as long as theirs and is as wonderful!

Sending you lots of love and hugs at this time of grief.

Michelle said...

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was a wonderful man!

RK said...

He sounds absolutely marvelous, as I'm sure he was. I'm sorry you'll miss him, especially your grand mom. What a neat example of true love! I can imagine how happy he is now as he gets to walk with his Lord!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather; it sounds like he had a very full life.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!